Understand Pain & Pain Coach Workshop ~ Bath, 2017
“Thank you very much for today. It was a real privilege to attend”
I was delighted that we filled all the places and had to add several more for the CRPS workshop on Monday. It was an excellent afternoon with a really engaged group, keen to understand and know what they can do to move onward. That is the premise for Understand Pain and Pain Coach Workshops, where we deepen our knowledge of pain so that we can focus on what we CAN to be successful and get results.
This was the first UP & CRPS UK workshop at Royds Withy King in Bath, and based on the demand and feedback, we will be rolling out future dates across the UK. We will also be extending the workshops to a day so that we can have even more experiences of success together. The day is all about taking action and having the experience of what that is like, driving and motivating change in your desired direction.
The popular practices we looked at included the mindful practices that can be used in different ways to create calm, insight and focus, the ‘check in’, and journalising. We followed the way that I do in sessions with people 1:1, starting with the vision, strengths and values. This attunes the person to where they are going and the characteristics they possess to use to get there. Over the afternoon we covered the key areas:
- Understand Pain
- What is pain?
- The size of the problem of pain
- CRPS criteria
- Pain Coach
- The practices that constitute a lived programme that interweaves into the person’s life, whilst they live their life as a means to overcoming pain — becoming a self coach and a self leader
The three main features of the workshops are simple and digestible:
- The model of success ~ how we can be successful
- Strengths based coaching ~ how to get the best of you
- The pinnacle of our knowledge of pain ~ understand pain to change pain
There is no reason why we can’t address pain, learn, transform, and have fun at the same time!
Here are some more comments:
What did people most enjoy?
- “being in a space to acknowledge pain, guilt free”
- “Richmond especially, extremely brilliant way with him”
- “lovely delivery style”
- “the way the workshop was presented”
- “very enjoyable”
- “good explanations. Simple to understand”
- “very informative”
- “I did not expect to be challenged as much as I am now following the workshop — positively”
- “interactive nature of the event”
Come and join us next time!
Future events driving social change
For release in September ~ In conversation: Rich and Pete talk pain. A series of short videos focusing on the key areas of pain. See Pain Coach and Physiotherapist Richmond Stace + Pain Toolkit’s Pete Moore in relaxed conversation. My aim is to create a community so that we can drive social change via new thinking based on new understanding of pain and the action we must take as a society. This is just the beginning. Join us!
Understand Pain & Pain Coach Talk ~ Weds 4th October 2017 at The Royal Society of Medicine ~ click here to book
Understand Pain & Pain Coach Workshop for Clinicians and Therapists ~ Thursday 5th October 2017 in New Malden, Surrey ~ click here to book