upandrun is a project to raise the awareness of the global problem of pain
Richmond’s ultramarathons so far…
The 2020 series
- Home to Guildford and back ~ August 2020
- Sussex to Surrey ~ July 2020
- To Tower Bridge and back ~ June 2020
- The 3 Parks ~ May 2020
- Round the block for the NHS ~ raising money for Kingston Hospital; read here
- Table Mountain, South Africa ~ guided by SA ultrarunner Linda Doke March 2020
- Gloucester to Bath ~ unsupported 90k February 2020
- The London Round ~ 12 summits of the capital 80K January 2020
The 2019 series
- Brighton Marathon
- Isle of Wight Ultrachallenge 106K
- London to Brighton Ultrachallenge 100k
- Home to Hampton Court to The Thames Barrier 64k solo
- Race to the Stones 100k in July
- North Downs Way: Farnham to Betchworth 50k solo
- South Coast Challenge 100k (Sat 29th Aug)
- Snowdonia Maverick Series September
- North Downs Way loop 90k Wye to Wye October solo
- South Downs trails 50k November solo
- Hampton Court to Henley on Thames 76K December solo
** solo means the run was unsupported….you put on your pack and off you go, carrying whatever you need to keep going; fuel and water, plus visiting cafes and other conveniences along the way
UP exists to improve lives and society
Running casually for many years, it was in 2015 that I started to take it a bit more seriously. The opportunity to run a half marathon arose in 2016 when I was offered places in the Royal Parks Half for UP. Soon after I ran the London Marathon for UP and CRPS UK, fully intending to resume casual running. However, something happened that meant not only did I not stop, but I became increasingly curious about how far I could run. I was strangely attracted to the idea of ultra running despite not having much of an inkling, except that it meant running a long way.
Now running is just part of what I do, for which I am truly grateful. There are many reasons why I run. But in terms of a purpose or cause, UP is a great driver and motivator.
Why run? Because I am curious…
Running + UP = #upandrun
Sponsorship and partners
To help us build the story and reach as many people as we can across the UK and further (the globe!), we want to partner up with like-minded businesses and organisations who share our vision of improving society and people’s lives. If you are interested in talking to us, please get in touch: email@example.com
There are three main areas:
- Can you provide sponsorship for:
- The runs (including entry, travel, accommodation)
- Workshops (including travel, room hire).
- Can you help by supplying running apparel and kit?
- Can you help us gain more media exposure?
By sponsoring and partnering your contribution is an important part of the growing story. The exposure that we gain will be yours to gain as we work together to make a social impact upon the No1 global health burden that is pain.
Big thanks to existing sponsors
Thanks to Pursu for sponsoring the ultramarathons, delivering my nutrition with the delicious bars!
Thanks to Fancy Running who have provided me with the Trail Life shirts:
A proportion of the fees paid by clients to the clinic goes into the #upandrun project so that we can build and improve as many lives as possible across the globe.