A trot around Anglesey for upandrun.
135 miles, a lot of coast, a couple of hard floors and an adventure.
This is my yearly ultra, flying the flag for Understand Pain as ever.
But I also want to encourage others to be active and try things. Especially in nature, whilst looking after it.
To that end, I have joined The Green Runners: runners creating change.
Set up by ultrarunner Damian Hall & Dan Lawson from Rerun.
Here is what they say: “We are a community-based group of runners focused on helping make the world around us a better place. We are looking for Runners from around the world that want to make personal changes to help our planet. We have created some pillars/pledges to help you make the right choices that we all need to strive for if we are going to make a difference.”
Check them out and join up. Get a badge and sew it on your kit.
Here is my pledge.
And one of my badges.
Do you want to help upandrun?
You can by doing the following:
- Learn about pain by watching the videos and listening to the podcasts
- Grab my book when it comes out
- Share the messages that we put out
- Follow on Instagram and like the posts: upandrun1 for running stuff & paincoach for understanding pain stuff
- Point people in our direction
Back to the training for ROF, it’s going well.
A few more long runs and then tapering.
It’ll come around soon enough.